Search This Blog

Nissan Skyline - Brakes

Changed the brake pads from original nissan to Ferrodo type 300cc. Initially I felt the car is responding slowly due to the new brake pads. After driving for about less than 2 days my rear wheels vibrates badly at speeds 80Km/h. Wow that is not good, I got to fix this. I took my car to the GH and after diagnosing the doctor told me that indeed there is need for a treatment.

Now this is not very good, cause I just changed the brakes and did flush the brake fluids. I am not happy :(. barely 1 week after changing the brake pads I got to spend again? @#&^@*#^@*After getting appointment from my doctor I went back home. Two days later I went to the doctor to get medicine for the disease. Well it's time to do up the brakes. The mechanic opened one side lug nuts, tire and brake hose trying to move the cylinder valve. It looks like the valve gasket is damaged.

The mechanic managed to find a replacement part from Mercedes. All fixed and again the brake fluid was flushed and replaced. Took for a spin mmmm....now the brakes back to normal.


 
Removing the brake hose


Brake Cylinder valve



Rubber seal. which has undergone tremendous pressure.


Brake cylinder valve cleaned


Cylinder valve back in the brake housing. 
Ready to be fitted to the car.

No comments: